[rescue] MacOS version 8.6

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Mon Aug 12 11:28:16 CDT 2002

>> > There should be a law declaring any EOL product freeware.
>>
>> nice thought, but all that would happen is companies would never
>> officially EOL any products.<snip>
>
>Hey, that's a great idea then.  That would Force them to continue
>supporting products that are still useful, no more of this "I'm sorry, we
>don't support that anymore" unless they are willing to give it away for
>free!

But what if I write a program, sell it, and decide not to support it
anymore?  Say the one person I sold it to screwed me, and I don't want to
deal with it anymore...why should I be _forced_ to give it away?  Why
should I be _forced_ to GPL the source?  Sounds like Cuba to me!

I get the feeling I'm gonna regret this post, especially on rescue...

newell