[rescue] MacOS version 8.6

George W Adkins george at maily.webbastard.org
Mon Aug 12 11:25:58 CDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Tim H. wrote:

> > There should be a law declaring any EOL product freeware.
>
> nice thought, but all that would happen is companies would never
> officially EOL any products.<snip>

Hey, that's a great idea then.  That would Force them to continue
supporting products that are still useful, no more of this "I'm sorry, we
don't support that anymore" unless they are willing to give it away for
free!

Think of how M$ would howl, when their end-of-life-it in 2 years to
"force" users to pay more money for upgrades in order to remain eligible
for tech support, would result in their being forced to "Free" their
unsupported versions (preferably enforce it by making them all GPL, w/
sources required to be available on request).

<giggle>

George