[rescue] Good day's grabs

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 12 09:06:07 CDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 05:13:14PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> <Flame proof suit on>
> This is one place where to me a wintel box shines. CloneCD and Nero
> (both run under windows) are great. CloneCD copies just about anything
> depending upon the drive you have and Nero makes CD's without having to
> master them.

The little adaptec program that came with my cheapo wallmart CD-RW (I
tried staples and office depot, but in the end wall mart won out of
local places I could get such things) works nicely for making CDs
without having to master them.  I haven't done much cloning of CDs.
Ultimately, it is nice to be able to just drag files onto the adaptec
program to burn them, and it is nice to just drop in two CDs and have it
copy them (but half the time it isn't a perfect copy, and most recently
it has started having buffer problems even though I haven't reconfigured
anything, but who knows what Windows did behind my back).  But I keep
wishing the drive was under a unix with the real mastering programs,
like CDRDAO.  I've tried building bootable ISOs under linux and then
transfer and burn them from the windows machine, but it has yet to
actually work.

--
Joshua D. Boyd