[rescue] Re: Good day's grabs

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 12 09:01:09 CDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 09:41:33AM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> Yamaha is great too. I have four on my coffee table at the moment for
> various machines (scsi and firewire, no ide/usb/parallel crap). The higher
> speed ones may be a bit cheaper than Plextor but I've found them to be
> stable and reliable.

The two working yamaha's I bought would start discs, but always had
problems part way through the job.  In the end, I waited to keep trying
SCSI models until I was actually somewhat desperate for a burner for a
task I really wanted to do, and thus let myself get cornered into buying
an IDE model.  Yuck.  It does seem to work though.  I someday hope to
replace it with a SCSI model, but finding slightly older ones isn't all
that easy.

> My 6x4x16 external scsi is available if you're interested. Gonna keep the
> two 16x10x40 and the 20x10x40 for now :)

I don't think I'm really interested, but what would the cost be for your
6x4x16 external scsi?

--
Joshua D. Boyd