[rescue] Re: Good day's grabs

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Aug 11 11:41:33 CDT 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> on 8/11/02 9:50 AM, Bill Bradford at mrbill at mrbill.net wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 08:22:50AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> >> Comments on SCSI burners?  Say I wanted to hook one up to my Octane (not to
> >> boot or install an OS, just to burn) any special considerations I have to
> >> lok out for?
> >
> > Plextor.
> >
> Plextor

Yamaha is great too. I have four on my coffee table at the moment for
various machines (scsi and firewire, no ide/usb/parallel crap). The higher
speed ones may be a bit cheaper than Plextor but I've found them to be
stable and reliable.

My two main burning machines at home are a p3-650 laptop in its dell
docking station (builtin Adaptec scsi in the dockII) and a temporarily
retired Ultra 1 with a FSBE card dedicated to the burner.

My 6x4x16 external scsi is available if you're interested. Gonna keep the
two 16x10x40 and the 20x10x40 for now :)

Rob