[rescue] Good day's grabs

max trefonides maxadam at uchicago.edu
Sun Aug 11 23:24:23 CDT 2002

On Sunday, August 11, 2002, at 10:56  PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 11:53:01PM -0400, Brent B. Powers wrote:
>> I left my G4 running, and, admittedly, not-well ventilated from Friday
>> evening to Sat night. Half of my keys warped from the heat, and popped
>> off. The thing has serious heat problems, and I wouldn't buy one with
>> my money....
>
> That sounds like a reason to call Apple.
>
> I've got a friend who had a Pismo G3.. One of his batteries *caught
> fire*
> while recharging.
>
> He called Apple, Apple took the G3 "for investigation", and gave him a
> brand new PBG4Ti in exchange.

Better that for them than a lawsuit.

I have heard that there's a guy that makes a thing that's called
something like "G4 Lapsaver"  that clips onto the bottom of a
tibook ...  I have a second generation tibook that seems a little better
heat-wise than the first gen one I had.  I too would never spend my own
money on a new one, I just can't wait for the time I  can rescue
one ... =)

I remember thinking a few years ago that if NeXT could just shrink the
NeXTStation board a little they could have a really cool laptop.  It's
nice to know that wishes can come true.

--
max