[rescue] Oooh! Cool!

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sun Aug 11 20:55:21 CDT 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:42:19 -0500
Mike Hebel <nimitz at owc.net> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2043935279
>
> Why do these things come around when I have no money? :-(
>
> (Never mind - the wife would probably strangle me anyway.)

Did Rockwell make any other models?  If not, then I have one in my dad's
attic.  The last time these came up on the list (I think it was rescue)
I decided we must be talking about a different thing, but that looks
quite a bit like the thing I remember, unless the case was blue..., nah,
that was the Intel microprocessor development system.

I guess I better go look in my dad's attic someday, I have a bunch of
old stuff up there, and I know he would appreciate any of it that left
:-)

It is a bit disappointing, this collector wave that has taken away all
the old 8-bit stuff, like the Altairs and such.  I saw an osborne
portable on ebay the other day and was amazed.  I traded one of my first
two away for my first 3.5 inch floppy drive, and now they are collectors
items.

Oh well, any stuff I have gotten rid of has gone to deserving homes, I
have no dumpster regrets.

Tim