[rescue] lcd glass reapir

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 9 10:55:12 CDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:47:10AM -0700, stephen price wrote:
> Has anyone tried to buff out a scratch on a lcd panel?
> I found several relatively cheap in a local store -
> all have 1-2 inch scratches in the surface glass, but
> the underlying tft film is unaffected.  Otherwise the
> screen looks good.

Is that glass? Most I've seen are plastic.

But a scratch in the monitor will often catch your eye
and it's really irritating to use a scratched monitor.
I have a Compaq S710 (no SOG, PC, but it was very
cheap) that has a scratch. Haven't tried taking it off
as I think it would end up with a smudge instead or
even a smudge and a scratch in the worst case. Would be
nice to hear of successes.

--
Usenet, a global collection of flaming opinions and senseless babble, was
designed as a way to eat up precious spool space on a system's hard drive. It