[rescue] Sun Ultra E6000 followup

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Wed Aug 7 17:04:15 CDT 2002

> Holy sh*t! It really is an E6000 - I nearly creamed myself!! And the vendor
> doesn't know anything at all about Sun gear *woo-hoo*

Just give it a full diagnostic turn-key boot with a terminal attached.
Should give you all you need to know from that.

> a 48vDC PDU (converting internally to 240Vac for the rack components). In
> the bottom of the rack is a large as-yet unidentified component with three
> removable segements - possibly a hotswap PSU, UPS, or DLT autoloader?

48V? Never seen that, our 6500 has a badass locking adapter for 208V
on the PDU. It could be a telecom spec, but as I say, never heard of
that on the E6000

> Pictures and dissection/analysis of the deal will follow if it all goes
> through.

Send pictures before!!!

S.

--