[rescue] FedEx Ground

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Aug 7 07:34:47 CDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 10:35:46PM -0700, Koyote wrote:
> > Further, they fight any private competitor that even looks like it
> > might deliver something that vaguelly resembles first class mail.
>
> I agree that it sucks. I don't see how it is significantly out of
> step with privatized businesses. Seems to me they are acting like
> any other corporations is *expected* and *encouraged* to act in
> modern amaerican business.

The difference is that the post office has in the past had the weight
of law behind them when fighting competitors.  And still for many
years in history, people prefered to send mail by wells fargo rather
than USPS, despite the fact that thanks to the USPS, wells fargo mail
was much more expensive.

--
Joshua D. Boyd