[rescue] FedEx Ground

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Tue Aug 6 22:52:11 CDT 2002

> > The carrier from USPS does something similar.  Most of the
> > time if a signature is required I'll get the notice in the
> > box, without an attempt to even see if anyone is home,

> At least the postal clerks here try to make a difference. You go in there
> at 10am and some little old lady will ask for someone to put the box in
> her car AND THEY DO IT FOR HER. ALL THE WAY OUT TO THE CAR. While the rest
> of us groan. But at least they are showing us that they are doing
> something, and perhaps showing us that the hikes have gone to some good.

Well, I've never had trouble with signature package delivery form my postman. I do have a flat out *ridiculous* wait in line anytime I go to the post office, but half of that is the university presence, the other half being the refusal by whichever head point-hair handles this part of California to open full services at the annex office. I never, ever wait less than 20 minutes. And it's *still* better than any of the MBE & clones around.

As for the rates, IIRC, the USPS is supposed to be self supporting. Personally, I think they are doing a damned good job overall. For 34 cents, I can mail paper cross coountry in (generally) under 96 hours if it's at all in or near a big city. for 3.85 I cna send an sbus card within 72 hours to anywhere in conus. and I don't get "special" rates for residences, I don't get slammed with 8 day shipping from Santa Clarita to Davis like I just did for my hard drives.

I hate the waiting in line, yes. But I don't think I somehow deserve to send a letter for a quarter.