[rescue] Sun Ray 1 - Cards? Thoughts?

Drew Schatt schatt at schatt.com
Tue Aug 6 12:17:09 CDT 2002

If needed, I have a copy of the software I could ship out.

Cards do *NOT* come with the units.  Cards are available in quantities of
10 or 25 from Sun Store, and are quite reasonably priced (less than $10
each).  Sun Store also has a link to another company who can sell you
custom screened cards, if you wanted to have a company logo or somesuch on
them.
The units themselves work just fine without a card, you just have to log
in into a standard x login screen. The cards apparently (I've never used
one) are a way to bypass the login, and have it automagically log you in
or out based on the card's presence.
There is an authorization application that you run to associate the card
with a user.  If you already have a compatible card, it's a piece of cake.

I really like my 150 (flat panel) version. I only wish that I knew of an
easy way to make it speak 802.11b so I could have it further from my
office, does anyone think that one of those 802.11b printer adapter things
would work?
	-Drew Schatt