[rescue] Sun Ray 1 - Cards? Thoughts?

Katherine Strojny kstrojny at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 6 11:49:03 CDT 2002

Loomis, Rip wrote:
> For various reasons I'm looking at picking up a couple
> of SunRay 1 terminals--Weirdstuff.com has them NIB
> for relatively cheap ($150) and they also show up on
> eBay.  I *guess* this is a rescue...sort of...

Former end user here.  I had one in my office the last few months I was at
school ... never bothered to get my student id card activated to use them,
so just logged in like a regular terminal.

> 3.  Any other major likes/dislikes about 'em?

Super quiet, lightweight.  No need to colo them to reduce noise levels.  ;)
(I haven't forgotten that suggestion, Rip...)

-k