[rescue] Your best rescue? [was: Clutter?!?]

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Aug 5 21:36:33 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 21:08, vraptor at employees.org wrote:
<snip>
> What's the best thing you ever rescued from the trash?
<snip>
> One thing I thought was a good rescue was an HP UPS, but I can't find
> any docs on it and I'm pretty sure it needs new batteries, so it's
> just junk for the moment--anyone know anything about these things?  I
> can get a model number if it would help.

I rescued TWO liebert 1000va UPS's from the trash heap, one was still
under warranty, and a replacement was OVERNIGHTED to me, the other was
no longer under warranty, but i got cheap (new) replacement batteries
off of ebay.

outside of that, i got my first two suns for free (would have been
thrown out) a 3/50, and a sparc5.  Also, a Xylogics Annex II terminal
server, a buncha PeeCee shit, a microvax 3400 and a vaxserver 3300 (from
this list, also would have been pitched), a Compaq pagemarq20 laser
printer (may it RIP), a Xerox 4030 laser printer, and recently (last
week) an IPX with 20" monitor, and large non-sun external drive
enclosure.  ALL of that stuff was going into the dumpster when i got it.

I've got a thing or two you might say :)

	-Dan Sikorski