Subject: [rescue] Ross sparcplug

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Mon Aug 5 11:50:07 CDT 2002

Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>I just found what I think is a 166MHz hypersparc powered Ross Sparcplug
>system hidden in an auction catalogue. Anyone ever seen one of these
>before? Google tells me it is a SS20 system that fits into the 5.25" drive
>bay on a PC. Am I the only one who finds this product hilarious?
>
>I _must_ have it :-)

I can do you one better (I had seen mention of those you speak) .. I have a
sparc coprocessor board on an EISA card!!!

System came on 5.25" floppies!.. manuf still in business, but sadly, no
support for my card "-(

at the time (2 yrs ago?) they offered to upgrade me for a coupel of grand
to the PCI version!

I;ll get details,maybe photos, and post.

Les

now, as to the matter at hand..  well maybe youre a schlump stuck at work,
forced to use NT.. but the sysadmin likes you cause you hacked into his
wifes email and found out bad things for him.. so he agrees to let youshove
this micro sparc into your desk machine.. voila! surreptitious solaris
mini-me !  what does this thing cost anyway?? 2K more? less?

(feel free to swap all gender references)