[rescue] *BSD on Sparc?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Aug 4 02:58:57 CDT 2002

On August 4, vraptor at employees.org wrote:
> >  It is my understanding that Sun funded at least some of the FreeBSD
> >SPARC porting effort...only for UltraSPARC machines.
>
> A "history" lesson at the FreeBSD port site debunks this.  Apparently
> Sun offerred, and was turned down.  Later the project was picked
> up independently--not sure why.

  Ahh, ok, thanks for the correction.  I wonder why the FreeBSD people
turned it down.  I largely ignore FreeBSD (it's a great PC OS, but I
don't use PC hardware and it blows dog on Alphas) so I don't really
track this stuff.

> >  RAIDframe has been integrated into NetBSD for some time.  It works
> >well.
>
> I'll have to check it out.  One more OS to add to the resume. :-)

  Geek. ;)

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "I haven't worn pants in 14 months!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Pete Wargo