[rescue] OT: Clutter???

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Sat Aug 3 19:53:30 CDT 2002

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 05:31:54PM -0700, vraptor at employees.org wrote:
>> I recommend Julie Morgenstern's _Organizing from the Inside
>> Out_ for those of us that have these issues.  It's the first
>> organization book I've ever found that addresses the under-
>> lying cause of our need to "pack rat" information.
>
>Hmm.  I wonder how it would work when applied to file systems.  For
>the most part, the organization of my machine is clear.  But, then we
>get to /export/joshua, and there are gigs under that that I have a
>hard time keeping organized, which hundreds of text files documenting
>ideas, references, etc, scattered through out.  Real PIA.  Need to get
>it organized sometime.

She does address organizing wrt to technology, but I found that
section of this book of hers to be a little, er, naive, for lack
of a better term, on the topic.  More oriented to the person who
has to deal with technology--not really looking at the problems
of ubergeeks and their uber-volumes of information.

Hmmm...maybe I will have to offer my consulting services to her
in this area. ;-)  Sounds like a business opportunity.

=Nadine=