[rescue] Re: OH YEA??? [was: Re: Ultra?]

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Aug 3 11:37:10 CDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 09:32:36AM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:

> Well, it depends on your budget. George, we've beaten this dead horse
> before. 72/73GB disks are still pretty expensive ($249+). A nice home mp3
> server would be far better served by IDE than by SCSI when you have budget
> and/or spousal influences to consider.

I will be putting together a 100gig scsi setup soon for a total cash
outlay of less than $100.  It will be using older drives that I picked
up for a song, and drive cases that I've collected from people getting
rid of them.  I could probably go to 200 gigs for $50 more before I
have to start building my own scsi cases to hold the drives.

> > IDE belongs in PeeCees, not Workstations.
>
> Not every desktop system or appliance is a Workstation.

But it should be.

--
Joshua D. Boyd