[rescue] WTB: Macintosh TV

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Fri Aug 2 14:36:47 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Big Endian wrote:

>Nope.  The 7100 uses a different bus (more of a PDS style system) and
>is much more full featured.  This is just a video overlay (I dont'
>think this can record to disk).

Mac-speak: 7100 is NuBus, later models are PCI.  7100 is still a
pretty strong machine, though, what with all the G3 upgrades
available.

I don't doubt that there is something you could use to get TV
in.  Have you looked at "EyeTV"?  It's a software+HW solution
to get something like TiVo/Replay.  It requires USB + OS X.
It *says* "meet the requirements for OS X support", but it'd
be worth trying to do an "unsupported" OS X install and using
it.  (http://www.elgato.com)  You can cut video CDs from TV
recorded in "normal quality" mode with it.

=Nadine=