[rescue] Must have peripherals [was Re: worth it for thedisks?]

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Aug 2 08:36:57 CDT 2002

On August 2, ssandau at bath.tmac.com wrote:
> >   Oh no...I actually own the house he moved into, but that's a
> > different story (I don't live there, I rent it out)...
>
> IIRC that makes three houses, yours, Sridhar's and your mother's house.
> Do you know anyone who does not live in a house you own? Aside from me.
> ;)

  Oh nonono...I own ONE house, in Treasure Island, FL, about five miles
from my place in St. Petersburg.  It is a duplex; I bought it in 1997
when Digex did The Dance as a place for my grandmother to live out her
last couple of years.  It is a duplex; I moved my grandmother into one
half, and I had a paying tenant in the other half.  My grandmother
died, my mother moved into her half, my other tenant moved out, and
Sridhar moved into that half (and is now my paying tenant).

  I'm on a lease-purchase plan for the house that I currently live in.

  Let's keep in mind the fact that I'm utterly and completely flat
broke.  Hanging onto that house has been very, very difficult over the
past couple of months.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "I haven't worn pants in 14 months!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Pete Wargo