[rescue] Update [was: Calling HP Laserjet experts]

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Thu Aug 1 15:40:59 CDT 2002

>If you manage to squeeze anything out of them, I'd love to hear how you
>did it.  The only time I managed to get money out of them without legal
>action was when I had UPS tire tracks going over my package.  Fortunately

Emailed seller, informed them of damage, saved all the packing stuff.
Seller sent another 4si (with network card) out wednesday, using DHL.
Arrived today (thursday).  48k pages on the counter, network card
is...token ring!  Yeah!  I just don't have the heart to complain, not after
all they've gone through to make this deal right.  (I'll bet DHL overnight
on 120 lbs wasn't cheap.)

Anyway, UPS has 'till next thursday to pick up the damaged printer, or I
'dispose' of it.  The seller doesn't want it back.

Now I need to start hunting the duplexer, 10-BaseT net card, and some full
parity 72 bit simms to finish it off.

newell