[rescue] FS/FT Onyx RE2 deskside

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 1 14:42:08 CDT 2002

Hi! I just got YAO (Yet Another Onyx), since I have no use for it I would
like to know if any of you would want it. (this is like the 6th onyx I get
in less that a year!)

It has 2xR10K/200Mhz 2MB cache each
512MB RAM
RE2 gfx
Sirius Video Board (but no breakout box though :-()
9GB HDD

Irix 6.5.15 installed, compilers too... but u will need to license those.
It also has lightwave, and some other softs in the HDD..  I dunno about
the licensing status of all the software in the HDD.

I would like to know if $850.00 for the machine sounds good. I am in
northern cal, so shipping far from here may be a problem. Or I would like
to trade it for smaller HW, i.e. some nice SUN or Mac machine (I still
want to have an OSX machine at home!), or some FeeCee server.

Cheers!