[rescue] sniping, etc

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue Apr 30 12:15:08 CDT 2002

Since a) not everyone else bids their top price right off, b) people's
bids *are* affected by what others bid, and c) not everyone watches the
auction results to the last gasp, it may very well be that waiting until
later on in the auction (maybe the last 10 seconds in some cases) will
get you an item for less than if you had put in a large bid right away.
That has been my experience in any case.

I could have put in a bid of $1000 for the aforementioned SPARCs, and I
probably would have won the auction. But I bet I would have paid far
more than the $629 that Dave paid.

No real facts to back this up, it just seems to make sense to me. (OTOH,
I marrying my first wife seemed to make sense to me at the time, too.;)
)

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine