[rescue] Ultra1 oddity

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 28 23:45:05 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 09:31:18PM -0400, Larry Snyder wrote:
> What bit me was:  Box was running in 32-bit mode.  Added a sound card.
> Did a boot -r.  It found the driver and loaded it, but came up in 64.
> What I surmised was that if you feed 'boot' any arguments from the
> command line, you had to feed all of them.  IOW, what I should have
> said was 'boot kernel/unix -r' to do the dirty deed in 32.  By using
> /reconfigure, OBP read everything from NVRAM and acted appropriately.
> That worked for me, anyway.

never having owned a 64-bit sparc that i ran in 32-bit mode, i've never had
the pleasure of experiencing this.  that's quite an interesting behavior.
bet that was a hoot trying to diagnose. ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --