[rescue] Vaxen?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Fri Apr 26 22:39:34 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:32:47PM -0400, Jessica Little wrote:

> Before I because a Unixter, I was a Vaxter... From what I hear, they make
> pretty decent dns servers too... running ISC Bind version 8.3.1 or above,
> depending on your memory...

actually, they will do just about any number of neat tasks.  it all depends
which one you have.  my 11/750 would be hard pressed to do anything high end,
but my 4000 and 6000 boxes are actually rather fast.  i could run a serious
sized database on any of them.  DNS/mail would be no sweat for these thing. :)

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP