[rescue] Suggestions for a *small form-factor* PC?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 21 11:32:37 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 12:39:25PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > > I would not mind using a Classic or an LX for a firewall/router, but you
> > > can't put FDDI in it.
> >
> > why not?
>
>   No FDDI drivers for non-Solaris OS.  NetBSD is about three times
> faster than Solaris on those machines.

but that's a completely different issue than saying you can't put FDDI in a
Classic or an LX.

you *can* put FDDI in a Classic or an LX.  you just have to use icky solaris to
do it (which is why my LX doens't have FDDI, cause i'm not about to put Solaris
on that thing)

how's Geoff coming along?  does he need some prodding?

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP