[rescue] bsd's

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Wed Apr 17 11:19:51 CDT 2002

>On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 11:14:12AM -0400, Big Endian wrote:
>
>>  I've taken to using freebsd in place of linux on x86 hardware because
>>  it just works better for me (faster, more stable, doesn't need to
>>  fsck after its been up for 30 days, list goes on).  Freebsd supports
>
>What's that about fsck?  I rarely fsck my fileserver in and 60day interval.
>Not sure what the average uptime is, but boots are the only time fsck is run.
>It was 70 some days when I recently took it down to pull some ununsed hardware
>from it.

We have a server that gets lots of hardware changes  to use various
printers, About once a month it goes down, and it has to fsck some 60
gigs *EVERY FUCKING TIME* because ext2fs sucks and that box needs a
2.2 kernel for oracle 8i.  Its just a pain in the ass and makes
things like that feel not quite ready for prime time.

daniel