[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Apr 16 17:51:00 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> All through high school:

--snip--

> You know the rest.
>
> ALL OVER TOWN I was "that computer genius".

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you stole that page out of my life's
story.

I still get calls from people at my high school.  No one there knows how
to bitchslap a misbehaving Macintosh anymore, and their current technology
official is a person whom I could, quite-possibly, tell as many or more
rants than I could about my previous employer.

She tried about three times to get me expelled because I was "a danger",
because I "messed with" computers and spent too much time in the chemistry
lab.  If I end up not going back to school this semester (my finances are
in utter shambles, but DoEd thinks I'm loaded for some reason, which might
screw me out of financial aid), I'm going to run for the school board
(there's about a 40% chance that I'd be elected) and make her life a
living hell.  If I can get her to leave, I'm sure that there will be a
great movement within the school to throw a "going away" party. :)

Oooh.  Political Bastardry[1].  I could be an innovator!

--Jonathan
[1] As opposed to "bastardry".