[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Apr 16 12:49:16 CDT 2002

> I'm worried that I may have to install my little 8kBTU AC in my
> not-so-large computer room tomorrow (we don't have central AC either).
> The humidity is 94% right now, at about 51F, and it's quite foggy out.
> Tomorrow they're betting on a high of 84F, and 82F again on Wed.  It was
> 84F in my computer room tonight, and that was with a high of only 70F
> today.....  Hopefully I don't have to resort to AC in my office too this
> early in the season!

The AC window unit in my computer room runs even during the
winter, and that's with the vents shut so the heat that's
on in the rest of the house doesn't enter the computer room.
The computer is also over the garage, which gets cold in the
winter, so there's not a problem with heat coming up through
the floor.

Granted, the AC unit doesn't run as much during the winter,
but it does still run.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net