[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Apr 16 02:34:06 CDT 2002

Dave wrote:

>   For a big computer room, you *need* an additional a/c unit.  Central
> air just won't cut it, unless it's multi-zone and one of the zones is
> your computer room.  Picture an 8KW heater running in one
> room...that's what we're talking about here.

I'm worried that I may have to install my little 8kBTU AC in my
not-so-large computer room tomorrow (we don't have central AC either).
The humidity is 94% right now, at about 51F, and it's quite foggy out.
Tomorrow they're betting on a high of 84F, and 82F again on Wed.  It was
84F in my computer room tonight, and that was with a high of only 70F
today.....  Hopefully I don't have to resort to AC in my office too this
early in the season!

The normal high is 52F in these parts for this time of year....  I'll be
cutting grass before the tulips are done (and they've just popped up,
with no buds showing yet) at the rate things are growing around here
(maybe buds will show tomorrow though!).  Damn but I hate so much
humidity.

--
								Greg A. Woods