[rescue] Laserdisc players Re: Hello?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Fri Apr 5 18:22:34 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 06:45:37PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:

> Actually, once the Linux kit for the PS2 comes out, it would much easier
> to use the PS2 for tunes.  NFS mount the storage systems and play them
> over the network.  Thats what I plan on doing.  Full remote control using
> the DVD remote and a nice on-screen display.

exactly my plan as well.  is the Mad Catz DVD remote supported by NetBSD?
if not, it's driver writing time (not that i'm very good at it, but i'll
sure as hell try)

yeah, yeah, ps2 has two USB ports and an iLink port, but i don't want to hook
up a keyboard and mouse, that makes it more of a computer, and less of a
music appliance, which is really what i want.

-brian
--
"I want to die like Grandpa - in a peaceful sleep.
Unlike the screaming passengers in his car..."  --Gary Nichols