[rescue] Ultra 2 Power

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Apr 3 00:31:59 CST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 10:00:55PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> It does, and "shutdown -p now" works too but it does not seem to want
> to power back up if shutdown cold.  I'm not near it right now but I
> think I'll see if I can't dig through the prom for something that
> might change the way it acts.

i'm not entirely sure what you meant by that.  it doesn't like powering on,
but as long as it's on everything is ok?

> BTW - Those boxes make nice headless burner stations.  I wish I had
> the time to make a serial port push-button on the front of it to
> activate the burner script.  I already know it will run an LCD so two-piece
> standalone burner would not be not too hard a deal to make.

i never thought of that.  mine is (was) my tape box.  had all the tape drives
connected to it.  TZ30, 4mm, 1/4 QIC, and a SCSI attatched 9-track streamer
that unfortunately i have to give back to its owner.  the 4mm died and i now
have a new one and an 8mm, but i think they are both going to go in the Onyx.
although you never know, i might break down and but everything back in the
LX.  but then i run into that FDDI problem.  hell, what am i talking about,
tape can't go fast enough, besides, i'll put my two DLT libraries on the Onyx
instead.  yeah.  :)

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)