[rescue] Ultra 2 Power

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Tue Apr 2 22:00:55 CST 2002

BH> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:45:45PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
>>
>> Then explain why my LX doesn't start back up after the power goes out.
>> Is it dependant on the age of the machine in question?

BH> does it have a momentary contact switch?  i'm pretty sure the LX has a smart
BH> supply.

It does, and "shutdown -p now" works too but it does not seem to want
to power back up if shutdown cold.  I'm not near it right now but I
think I'll see if I can't dig through the prom for something that
might change the way it acts.

BTW - Those boxes make nice headless burner stations.  I wish I had
the time to make a serial port push-button on the front of it to
activate the burner script.  I already know it will run an LCD so two-piece
standalone burner would not be not too hard a deal to make.

Mike Hebel                        mailto:nimitz at owc.net