[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Apr 2 12:30:04 CST 2002

Gawd I hate Enlightenment.  It's just so ugly... I mean parts of it have
a wow factor to them, but some things are so vertically scrunched or
half-assed looking it just looks like someone made a UI in Junkyard wars.

Windowmaker + Gnustep for me... or the built-in (CDE, Openwin, 4dwm)

I don't like the inconsistencies or incompatibilities of a GUI to get in
the way, so when I must use one... I prefer something clean, integrated,
and easy to set up.... after all they're supposed to make life a slight
bit easier... but the command line is still easiest at this point with
UNIX GUI's.  The only exception to the rule is OS X.

I think we need some sort of GUI feng shui movement.  GUI in perfect
harmony with the command line... especially for machines that should be
able to do a really fancy and powerful GUI... case in point SGI's.  4dwm
would be great if it weren't for the goofy ass icons that look like a 5
year-old's line art. (oh and 4dwm is most certainly one of the more "get
in your way" kind of UI's that happens to be built-in... this whole put
away icon biz versus deleting them (kills the program)... and no way to
customize the icons of applications in a readily apparent way)

Andrew