[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Tue Apr 2 03:11:54 CST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 06:38:37PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Didnt someone say "linux is only cost-effective if your time is free", or
> > something like that? 8-)

A lot of things are cost-effective if time is free and ample =)

> "Linux is only free if your time is worthless" is what I've heard.

These are the people who have no idea what "free" means in the context
it's been used.
Linux costs. So does everything else. That it doesn't neccessarily
always come with a price tag on is only a side-effect of some other
things.

> "Linux Is Not UniX"

Gnu is Not Unix. And neither is the kernel (=Linux) and hardly are an
other things bolted on to make most Linux sytems.

--
Cats are humane; they may bite and claw to show affection, and they may cut you
cold when there is nothing further that they want, but they don't tell you "It