[rescue] Looking for advice on HP V-class system

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Apr 2 07:34:44 CST 2002

Hi Guys

I've got an opportunity to acquire a complete HP 9000 V class server for my home network. It's a fully populated V2200 (16 * 200MHz, 8GB) with a 500+GB FC10 disk array (30 * 10k 18GB).

Basically I've managed to find a buyer for the FC array which will allow me to get the V2200 for free (and make a small profit).

So the question is what should I do with the V2200? I can't run it at home because of the 3 phase power supply and cooling requirements, but I don't want to part out or strip a complete working system. Also, is it true that these machines are almost impossible to sell these days because the HP support costs are prohibitive? Finally, the system is in Australia (Victoria) - has anyone in here been holding out for one of these systems?

Any guidance, thoughts, comments etc would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gavin Hubbard