[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Mon Apr 1 21:59:00 CST 2002

> Very true - I must have missed your point.  You'll have to excuse my
> assumptions - I see a *lot* of linux bashing around here from people who
> haven't run it since pre 1.0...

I have run more recent Linuxes, but I think that they still have that NQRFPT
aspect to them.
Sure, you can use the latest GeeFarce MCMLXVI ti-xyz on them the day after
the card hits the shelves, but how about a Distro that's secure out of the
box for a change, or better interoperability, or ... yadda, yadda, yadda...

Linux certainly had it's place in the days of Commercial unices costing
thousands of dollars...
But now that we have real unixes available for free, isn't Linux redundant?
I mean, think where the *BSD's would be if thousands of coders weren't
wasting their time writing software for Linux...

(On the other hand, we would have to put up with Richard Stallman a lot
more...)

Just my $0.02

George