[rescue] Re: OT: PS2 keyboard isn't ?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 30 08:36:12 CDT 2001

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Robert Rose wrote:

> Yes, I am a bit confused, let me explain:
>
> I picked up a Multia (yes, I know you all think they suck, it's my first
> Alpha and I like it) to run OpenBSD on.  I discovered OpenBSD doesn't do
> the serial console thing well on these and the Multia serial ports seem to
> be a bit odd, so I dug out a PeeCee keyboard (compaq) and plugged it into
> my PeeCee monitor : keyboard didn't seem to work.
>
> Over the next couple of days I tried all the PS2 keyboards I could find
> before I resorted to the Indy keyboard, worked a treat.  Hmm...

I can't say anything to the SGIs, but my Multia (much lighter than my
AS600, I like it too) worked with a generic Sega-labeled PS/2 keyboard I
got from a local junk shop.

> Ever try typing in a root password to shut down a box with the shift
> key stuck on?  Not fun.

Not as bad as having a key broken, and finding out it's one that's in
your password. Reminds me of Steven Wright's line, something like "Sorry I
didn't call you, my new phone doesn't have 7."

Other Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows