[rescue] GRRR. FRYS CAN BLOW ME

Dan Canaan rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 29 10:10:42 CDT 2001

Seems to me that folks who line up for products the very moment a store
opens leave themselves open instead to disappointment.  I never try to pick
up the latest and greatest item at the very instant it becomes publically
available.  It's just not worth the hassles.   It's very likely that Fry's
Corporate gave them a timeline when to expect the product, what it would
cost, etc.  That info they could give out to curious customers.  Like many
other large stores, most receive stock overnight by truck so even the
store's staff won't know what they truely have arriving that day until they
open the stock cases dropped by truck overnight.  All they know up to that
point is that it *should* be there.  It's not uncommon for products that
have specific release dates to not have the product on site until the day
of release or the night before after hours.  This prevents anyone from
selling it too early or violating any contracts with the provider.  The
store is as much a victim of this as the buyer when the product doesn't
arrive as expected.

If you have waited this long for an update, is a couple of more days really
worth the headaches of standing outside a store before they open just to
say that you were first to get the update?
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters at picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |