[rescue] basement collection

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 22:04:11 CDT 2001

> Hey!  What are you doing contaminating a good DEC cabinet with
> non-rack-mount sun gear!?!?!?  :=)

Wow, I'm surprised anyone noticed that.  I got that rack around 1989 for free
including
the PDP-11.  Actually it was a "clone" PDP-11 from General Robotics.  The rack
also
included two *massive* fixed/removable hard drives, a daul 8" floppy drive
unit, and I
forget what else.  Sadly, all of it has been discarded by now.  Until this
April I diddn't
have room for 200+lb hard drives *and* all the Sun and Lego stuff.  BTW, true
to the laws of physics more room is actually a bad thing since you start
collecting bigger
stuff like this:

> (I really do need to borrow a digital camera and document my basement
> soon!  :-)

Please do!  Very soon I should have a more general geek gallery site similar
to Brickshelf.
It'll be called Geekshelf.

KL