[rescue] Q: Estimated value for large SGI system

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 14:58:15 CDT 2001

Hi! We are getting a large SGI server and I was looking to find its actual
(current) value. The system is a powerChallenge with 12 R10000 (195Mhz)
processors, and loaded to the gills with RAM. We use mostly suns (Cadence
tools and other design tools run mostly only on Solaris, and NT.. but who
wants to do that). I just want to know what the machine is worth...

I might have to store the system for a while, since there is no way I can
run this beast at home, and the facilities people need to enable the 220V
in my office. Is there anyone in Northern Cal interested in some sort of
trade (smp sun system)? I need to see what the sysadmins are going to
charge to my account for maintaining the system (I would like to allow
some access to this machine for some of our grad students so they get to
mess with a real machine)

Also does anyone have any experience running an onyx infinite reality out
of a 110v outlet?

Cheers