[rescue] alive and kicking

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 26 00:20:49 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:53:44PM -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 12:44:50AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > Just call the power company and have them put you on the "essential" list -
> > > I did so because I have life-supporting medical equipment at home... If they
> > > ask you why, just look serious and go ".. national security ..."
> > Look out! Bill's become a cyborg!
>
> http://www.cpap.net/breeze.htm
>
> More like darth vader. 8-)
>
> It may look stupid, but it stopped my snoring and gave me my life
> back - in my sleep study, they diagnosed me with OSA (obstructive sleep
> apnea), and that I was waking up or stopping breathing about 112 times
> an hour - e.g., I never "slept" more than 30-45 seconds, even if I
> didnt fully wake up.  Normal blood oxygen saturation is 98-99%; mine
> was at 82%.

I was walking through the north austin diagnostic clinic and saw their
"sleep labs" or some such.  I'm one of those that can't sleep
either...but it's do to my brain going a million cycles per minute tho,
it's like natural meth.  When I first saw that I instantly wanted to
sign up and see if they could find out what the hell would make me
sleep.  I run a _lot_, 5 miles 4-6 times a week, and I still can't
sleep.  Only thing that works is pot or alcohol, both of which have less
than desirable side effects.  My only solace is vallerian root, which
I'd like to stay away from.  Just anything that's not part of the normal
operation of a body... but I simply can not go to sleep w/o aid.

if only there were some way to accelerate sleep.. ie have your rem cycle
last longer...  we waste _so_ much time regenerating..when those times
could be used for something much more productive.  stupid organic life
forms

there's an XTC song "we're all light"  man I can't wait until that's
true.

^Derrick

this email made with 100% recycled electrons