[rescue] alive and kicking

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 21:53:44 CDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 12:44:50AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Just call the power company and have them put you on the "essential" list -
> > I did so because I have life-supporting medical equipment at home... If they
> > ask you why, just look serious and go ".. national security ..."
> Look out! Bill's become a cyborg!

http://www.cpap.net/breeze.htm

More like darth vader. 8-)

It may look stupid, but it stopped my snoring and gave me my life
back - in my sleep study, they diagnosed me with OSA (obstructive sleep
apnea), and that I was waking up or stopping breathing about 112 times
an hour - e.g., I never "slept" more than 30-45 seconds, even if I
didnt fully wake up.  Normal blood oxygen saturation is 98-99%; mine
was at 82%.

Imagine not being able to stay awake long enough to even take a shower, or
nodding off in the car at stop signs or lights.  Falling asleep at your
desk at work while *typing*.  Even tho I'd sleep for 6-12 hours, I would
get *no* rest due to no REM sleep.  Imagine three years of this, getting
progressively worse.  My metabolism basically *shut down*, causing me to
gain a LOT of weight.

I've been on this thing (which basically forces air up my nose and keeps
my airway open, making it easier to breathe at night) since the end of
February, and its made a 1000% difference in my life.

Yes, I rant and rave about it, because without it, I"m a walking zombie.
Anybody else wants more info on sleep apnea, details, etc, email me
privately or check out http://www.apneanet.org/.

I just wish they'd diagnosed this back in 1999, or even further back
when I was a teenager - my mom told me that I would even stop breathing
in my sleep as a baby.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford