[rescue] NeXTstation N1100

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 23:19:26 CDT 2001

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I'm still waiting for my NeXT opportunity.  Does UM still have any of
> that delicious black hardware?  I heard about that when I went there a
> few years back for a semester... they were still using their cubes and
> slabs.
>
> If anyone has any extra black stuff... I'm always looking to scrounge...
>
> or are you kidding?
>
> Andrew (who is looking for a Turbo NeXT DIMENSION Cube system with a 21"
> Hitachi... dream system)

I owned a Turbo Slab with the 21" Hitachi - it was pretty nice.

I would look into the HP boxes that are supported by NS for PA-RISC;
they will no doubt be much faster, especially since the PA-RISC chips
are lightning fast at floating point, which is what a lot of the Display
PostScript stuff uses.

./patrick