[rescue] HP LP1000R and Sol 8

Paul Nguyen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 14:00:09 CDT 2001

I bought the HP LP1000R Pent 3 @ 1GHz about 1.5 months ago to run development using Solaris 8 for over $2,500.  Since then, I no longer have need this powerful machine as the contract was cancelled.  This machine is fully certified and support by HP to run on Sol 8.

I would like to offer this machine to people in this forum at substantial discount, say $1,600.  If anyone interested, please let me know via email at mnapaul1 at socal.rr.com or call me at 714-658-3787.

The part number for this machine is P2465A.  This is the only line of HP machine that certified for solaris as far as I know.  Here are links to HP for the machine as well as certification reports for Solaris 8.

http://www.bstore.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpbs/dropin.jsp?FamilyOID=-11944
http://soldc.sun.com/support/certify/reports/8/HP/HP-NetServer-LP-1000R_2CPU_PIII-1GHz.html

Paul