[rescue] alpha server 1000 4/266 info needed

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 12:42:06 CDT 2001

On Monday 24 September 2001 19:27, you wrote:
> The digital unix seems only to exist far enough to get NT to boot.

Sounds a little odd, but I know even less about alpha NT than I know
about x86 NT (use a Linux/FreeBSD cd to make it work/more secure).

> can re-install with that as I have done it on other alpha's, just not
> using the ARC bios but the other one whose name escapes me right now.

SRM(?). You might have both 'bioses' in there, and be able to switch
backwards and forwards, although I can't remember off-hand how to do
that. It's also possible you can flash a new bios to get SRM.

> close to universal. If nothing else I would love to get my hands on
> the blanks that go in these slots for when their is no drive as the
> bays are exsposed right now.

If you're UK-based I might be able to shake a few loose. Last winter a
21-inch monitor box full of the damm things fell on me; I'm still
finding them in strange places (in the storage room).