[rescue] How the fsck do I install gzip from a "depot" file on an HP-UX 10.20 box?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 07:33:16 CDT 2001

Thanks for the great link, it was helpful.

But I still can't get the software installed, I suspect the OS install is a
bit off - in the log file (swagent.log IIRC) it talks about unable to
connect/losing RPC link to my hpbox).

I am going to await OS media (already en route), and start from zero with a
fresh disk and build the machine up... Should be fun, I've never done this
before on an HP box.

My goal will be to set this unit up as an X terminal on my PS/2 KVM in my
den...

Thanks everyone for the assistance...

Ken