[rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 23 12:41:18 CDT 2001

On September 23, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Can I ask what it is about IRIX that sucks so bad?  I mean, myself
> personally, I would just run IRIX on those systems.  Maybe 6.5 isn't so
> zippy on the older stuff, I dunno, that's why I am asking...

  It just suffers the normal suckiness and "behind the times"-ness of
all commercial OSs.  I've run it in production many times, and I've
been using it on my desktop for about 2.5 years with great results.
There's nothing really *wrong* with it.  A lot of people just can't
rest unless they've got something to be all up-in-arms about, and if
there's nothing legitimate, they'll come up with something.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD