[rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 23 11:36:01 CDT 2001

(> Challenge L has 5 e-bus slots, allowing 2 additional from the above list,
> (i.e. 3 proc boards, 1 mem, 1 IO4, OR 2/2/1 OR 1/3/1; you can also place
> additional IO4's w/out the VCAM VME Bridge in there too for more IO
channels
> (up to 8 disk channels per board))

Replying to my own message...

Anybody know what the backplanes in a Challenge XL look like?
If they have more than 5 E-Bus slots, I wonder if it would be possible to
splice one into a Challenge L/DM chassis...  I mean if all you need is a
_Monster_ CPU/MEM config with 1 IO4 and no extra VME to speak of, I think
that those machines max out at 16 Gigs of memory, that would be 10 E-Bus
slots right there, (8MC3+1IP+1IO4).