[rescue] Re: New worm?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 20 15:02:52 CDT 2001

> What does a nimda-infected machine _do_ with the files it requests from a
> server?  Infect them and send 'em back?  Run 'em?

AFIK.

> Any chance of setting up a "honeypot" that, unlike the LaBrea program
> already mentioned, actually honors the "GET" and feeds the requestor
> something that will blow it up?

Lessee... send back a script with an rm -fr and let 'er rip!
There are rm.exe's patterned after the UNIX equivalent, that
I use on my dos boxes and PUKE winblows NT crate.  It is amazing
what a few good UNIX tools will do on a winblows box.

Nah, not good nettiquette to suggest such responses.......... yet!

Bob